So many things are going on this week and the next up coming weeks in Pittsburgh and for some reason its impossible to get all the information in one place so I've done the work for you!
Friday, September 27th
Gallery Crawl, Downtown 5:30-10PM
- Wood Street Galleries (on the opposite side of the subway station, take the elevator up) - 601 Wood Street - 2nd Floor Kurt Hentschlager: "Hive"
- SPACE gallery - 812 Liberty Avenue - Kurt Hentschlager & Ulf Langheinrich: "Granular Synthesis: Model 5" and "POL"
- Tito Way (literally the alley next to Crazy Mocha) - Mary Mazziotti: "Memento Mori" || InformationLab: "Cell Phone Disco"
- Exchange Way at Tito Way (go down Tito Way and you'll find another alley, parallel to Liberty Avenue) - Andrew Hieronymi & Ian Brill: "Instabiles"
- Shaw Galleries - 805 Liberty Avenue - "Autumnal Wonders"
- Trust Arts Education Center - 805/807 Liberty Avenue in the Pierce Studio -
- "T.V." A Fashion Event by Manya Manklewicz 9pm -12am
- 3rd & 4th Floors - "DESIGN. Make YOUR Mark in Time!"
- Harris Theater - 809 Liberty Avenue - a loop of short films by Scott Whiteman, Tim Isreal, & Andrew Daub
- Tiny Harris Gallery | Tryps (I guess it is inside of the Harris Theater)
- Arcade Comedy Theater - 811 Liberty Avenue - sketch comedy, improvisational and alternative comedy
- Catholic Charities Susan Zubik Welcome Center - 212 Ninth Street - Macro Photography
- 937 Liberty Avenue Gallery
- 2nd Floor - Casey Droege & Corey Escoto: "Comprised: Life in the Middle"
- Pittsburgh Playwrights Gallery - Ernest McCarty: "Therapy and The Muse"
- 943 Liberty - Kurt Hentschlager: "ZEE" (**since this exhibit involves strobes it is only 18+)
- August Wilson Center for African AMerican Culture - 980 Liberty - "Pittsubrhg: Reclaim, Renew, Remix"
- Tonic - 971 Liberty Avenue - 2nd Floor - "Steel City Punks" with live music by Stranger Convention
- Cultural's Elite Salon and Barbershop - 954 Penn Avenue - "Black in America" with live music by The Miles Jackson Band
- Urban Pathways 6-12 Gallery - 914 Penn Avenue - "Expression" with Sounds of Steel drum band and special guest
- CAPA - 111 Ninth Street - Summer Work
- Future Tenant - 819 Penn Avenue - "Sneak Peak of the Dutchman" 5:30-7:30pm
- 8th Street & Penn Avenue - Art Car Round Up
- 709 Penn Avenue Gallery - Bea Chiappelli: "Proud to be an American?"
- 707 Penn Avenue Gallery
- Francis Crisafrio: "Holdup in the Hood"
- 2nd Floor - Umoja African Arts Company - drum and dance performances
- Katz Plaza - 7th Street & Penn Avenue - DJ SMI, button making, photo booth
- Backstage Bar - 655 Penn Avenue - Victoria Jon: "Predator or Prey" with live music by Mike Why 5:30-7:30pm
- Gateway Center T Station - Stanwix Street - ceramic tile mural
- PNC Legacy Project - 600 Liberty Avenue - "NOW AND THEN FEATURE"
- Boutique 208 - 208 Sixth Street - handmade items, unique art, and live acoustic music
- kNOT Dance at Verve Wellness - 142 Sixth Street - Third Floor - "Shift to Coda" performance times are 7:30, 8:30, 9:30pm
- Arthur Murray Dance Studio - 136 Sixth Street (above Melange Bistro) - FREE dance lessons - Cha Cha @ 7:30pm, Bachata @ 8pm, Salsa @ 8:30pm
- Braddock's American Brasserie - 107 Sixth Street - The Art of Perogi Making - food demonstration
- There Ultra Lounge - 931 Liberty Avenue - LINGO Can You Handle Our Game? - games, prizes and a meeting with the 2013 Carnegie International curators
- The Rubber Duck Project - 6th Street Bridge - Bridge Party featuring Night Market VI
Pretty typical stuff this year, I'm looking forward to the Duck and hopefully gettting in on those salsa classes.
Labels: art, Gallery Crawl, Pittsburgh, schedule